Brian "B-Rob" Robinson
The Top 5 Places I Find Inspiration
Anyone who knows me knows that I am mostly an optimistic person. But that doesn’t mean I don’t have bad days or days that I need to be pulled out of the lull. My goal with this blog is to get a little more personal in hopes that you might find some inspiration around you or even in some of the places that I’m listing here. Also, there are more places at times where I find inspiration or where inspiration finds me, but these five places have been consistently providing me inspiration.
1. On A Nice Sunny Morning- There is just something about being outside on a nice, warm, sunny morning when not many others are up and it’s just me and nature. My favorite is sitting on my front porch with something caffeinated listening to the birds and experiencing Gods common grace. I can think, reconnect, and get recharged.
2. In The Bible- It always comes back to four words for me…Love God, love others! I assume some of my readers are not believers, and I welcome all, but this is about my personal top 5 places I find inspiration and the fact is that the bible is one of them. I will go on to admit that the New Testament is where I find most my inspiration. Jesus died for my sin and that inspires me to live in the light, spread the good news, and be forgiving of others like I’ve been forgiven.
3. In Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg TN- There is something about this little place that is like a second heaven to me. I love the mix between nature and the various activities. This is also where Sandy and I chose to have our honeymoon so that may have something to do with why I’m recharged and inspired when I visit.
4. In Other People- There are several other people that inspire me to be great. Some I get to experience in person and some I take in via podcasts, social media, documentaries, and some are even my competitors. Competition is good when it doesn’t drive you to negative emotions like jealousy and envy but inspires you to be better. Plus in business, the customer gets a better service or product.
5. In The Gym- This one has changed for me over the years. It used to be that I was more inspired by bettering myself in the areas that I was insecure. Now there is a little of that but its more about me being available for inspiring others which, in turn, is more inspiration for me to keep being me.
Now that you’ve learned a little bit about what inspires me, I’d like to know what inspires you. Please feel free to leave a comment and let me know. Until next time, I hope you’ve just been inspired to look for the good things around you more than the bad things. Both will inspire you but in different directions. Be inspired by the good for the good!
Brian "B-Rob" Robinson is a Certified Life Strategies Coach, Certified Sports Nutrition Coach, Certified Personal Trainer, Youtuber, and co-founder of LEANWellonline. His website is thisisbrob.com and his YouTube channel is thisisb-rob.