Blackened Salmon Sandwich Recipe
While wild caught fresh salmon is still in season, I wanted to share a quick recipe to add to your meal plan this week.
Blackened Salmon Sandwich
Makes: 4 servings
Active Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
· 1 pound wild caught salmon fillet, skinned
· 2 tablespoons coconut oil
· 2 teaspoons blackening or Cajun seasoning
· 1 small avocado, pitted
· 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
· 1 cup arugula
· 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
· ½ cup red onion, thinly sliced
· 4 crusty, whole grain rolls, split and toasted
1. Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
2. Rub salmon on both sides with blackening (or Cajun) seasoning and cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side.
3. Mash avocado and mayonnaise in a small bowl.
4. To assemble sandwiches, spread some of the avocado mixture on each roll and top with arugula, tomato and onion.
Printable download here:
Hope you enjoy this recipe, leave a comment below and tell me what you think!
Certified Health Coach
Certified Personal Trainer
Certified Personal Fitness Chef