5 Meal Delivery Services That Can Help You Lose Weight, Save Time, and Eat Healthy.
Eating healthy to lose weight and/or pursue healing can be a challenging task for many. First, knowing how to plan the meals for your specific goals, and knowing what to buy is one thing. Then, spending the time to buy the ingredients, prep the foods, cook the meals, and clean up, you have spent many hours every week just focused on food.
Many people do not have the knowledge base, or the desire to prioritize their time in that way which leads to “drive thru Sue” going for quick take-out meals every night. If only we could just have someone else who is knowledgeable in this way, decide and prepare the meals each week, keeping a healthy weight and lifestyle would be so much easier, right?
As an answer to this problem, we now have a wide selection of meal service companies that do all the work for you, or in some cases some of the work to reduce the load but still make it easier. You of course still have an option of a Personal Chef, but if you’d like to have more involvement in the process, but make it simplified, here are some healthy options that I think you may want to try.
The companies on this list stand out because of the ingredients they use, the nutrient dense meals, and the variety of options for special diets like Paleo, Gluten Free, Vegan, etc.
1. Factor (Formerly known as Factor 75): They offer fully prepared meals. No cooking, just warming up. You can choose meals based on your dietary preferences, including vegetarian, gluten-free, keto, low carb, paleo, and dairy-free eating. Meals are approx. $10-$11 each. You do get a discount when ordering more at one time. Here’s a link to their website: www.factor75.com
2. Home Chef: Provides subscribers with the ingredients and directions needed to make healthy meals. They offer a mix of healthy choices and classic comfort foods, making it a good choice for families with young children or picky eaters. However, they may not be a good choice for those with food allergies or intolerances. Price is $7 and up per serving. Here’s a link to their website: www.homechef.com
3. Freshly: They offer fully prepared meals, individual servings, everything Certified Gluten Free. Also available are low-carb and dairy free meals. Cost per serving $8-$11.50. Here’s a link to their website: www.freshly.com
4. Sun Basket: They offer breakfast, lunch, and dinner options. They also use organic produce, wild caught seafood, and organic eggs. Paleo, low carb, and vegan options available. Meals start at $11 per serving. Here’s a link to their website: sunbasket.com
5. Green Chef: They are a healthy, certified organic meal kit subscription service that provides ingredients and step-by-step instructions for creating nourishing meals. They cater to specific dietary needs like paleo, keto, and plant-based. Cost per meal ranges from $11-$13 per meal. Here is the link to their website: www.greenchef.com
Although there are many services to choose from, I wanted to share a few that stood out to me. Establish your health goals, do your research, determine a budget, and choose a service or hybrid version like cooking breakfast and lunch, and purchasing dinners to help find the right balance for you.
I hope this is a helpful resource for your personal Health Toolbox. Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. Please share this with others so they can be helped too!!